Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Classics

Hi Team,

Mostly been hanging out at home the past few days, catching up on some classic movies and reading my books. The classics I've checked off the list so far are Gone with the Wind, All about Eve and East of Eden. I loved Gone with the Wind, so far the other two were just B+ for me, and am queueing up Casablanca next on Netflix. Just one of those things where I feel like I should watch (or read) these at some point in my life, and what better time than now!

Mom wanted to make sure I shared a funny story with you guys - day before yesterday I was walking up the street close to home and this older asian man stopped in my path and bowed his head and put his hands in prayer. Now of course this is very sweet of him, but having come back from my trip to Thailand last April, what immediately came out of my mouth was (to mom) "Does he think I'm a monk?" A guy sitting to the side at a sidewalk cafe table busted out laughing at our whole interaction. I have to say I have some very interesting interactions when I openly sport my bald head around town.

Mom has also been pointing out that I do have some hair growing back in mostly on the top of my head, but to me it looks a little like the movie posters that are all over town for "Despicable Me":















Also thought I'd share a few other pics from recent events - Me, Sandra and Anthony at Chrissy Field during Sandra's stay and my most recent visit to my oncologist, Dr. Liu.


Love,
Amy

5 comments:

  1. perhaps, you should sport a bright orange t-shirt around town? i'm glad that you checked work and the mall. i hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Good story. That's very touching that he would do that. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Amy thats a great story. You should enjoy Casablanca, one of the best of all time and a favorite of mine. If interested, you might want to check out the AFI Top 100 list of all time, if you haven't already done so. Its a neat place to see classics. Laura and I sent out about 10 years ago to watch all 100 but made it to #90 I think, saw some great ones, Like Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. I want to finish it some day. Enjoy, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you gotta read East of Eden--much better as a book

    good story...but maybe its not just your shiny head that exudes holiness...hang in there...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. You only have ONE left!! Congratulations, Amy!! I, too, am catching up on books I've wanted to read and the classic movies I've never seen, only my reason is loneliness in China. There are always bright sides to the downsides. Thank you so much for the birthday note nearly a month and a half ago, especially with all that you've endured. I'm counting down with you! There will be so much to celebrate in just 2 weeks. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete