Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fast Forward, A Year Later

Hi Team,

Wow has it really been a year since my last post?  Why is it that time goes so fast when things are good and so incredibly slow when times are hard?

Anyhow, I am grateful that times have been fantastic over the last year.  Isn't life amazing how quickly it's possible to forget pain?  Today I found a New York Times "Share your Breast Cancer" story submission form, visited my blog to find a few snippets to share on that post, and realized that it's about time I update this with all the good stuff that's been going on in my life.

Since last year this time, I have bought a house and moved out of the city of San Francisco into the warm and sunny Berkeley.  It was a risk, but the right decision financially, and I can say almost exactly a year from moving here, that I am extremely happy with my decision.  Life is a bit slower, but I was at a point where I had been craving that anyway.

For a long time after my cancer treatment I struggled with the idea of dating.  I had been through so much shit that I just didn't want to put myself out there in a very real and vulnerable way anymore.  At the same time, I craved the companionship and intimacy of a man.  I didn't know how to get to know someone.  At what point does cancer come up in a conversation?  In reality, it doesn't.  There is never a good time to bring it up... but I guarantee you by the time you get naked, you had better have said something or else there are going to be some big surprises!  So I just avoided it, doing a few awkward online dates from time to time that didn't really amount to much.  Then, on my road trip to Utah, I randomly met Nico in a bar that ended up being someone that didn't take any work to get to know.  He is sweet, and raw and real and read my entire blog start to finish the month I met him.  He sees me for who I am, and although neither of us is perfect, we both see the big picture and love each other very much.  I couldn't feel luckier.

I got a dog for the first time in my life, now that I have a backyard and a partner in crime to help me take care of him.  He's a cute, sweet little 90lb mastiff/pitbull rescue from the Berkeley humane society.  I made the decision on a bit of a whim not realizing how much work I was signing myself up for, but it certainly is rewarding also.  

I quit my fancy job at Google and joined a startup tech company. It's been a wild ride, and was definitely a risky decision, but one of those decisions where you just have to find out what happens, and know you'll regret it if you never do.  So I did it.  So far so good.

Also, on the health side, things are great.  I finally got myself some nipples this past January, although I still haven't tattooed on an areola, I am slightly more normal looking.  I think eventually I'll finish them off since I've gotten this far, although I don't really worry about it as much anymore since I know Nico likes them.  But, just for myself, as a reward for what I've worked toward, I still think it would be good to do.

A few pictures as well - the hair is normal length now, almost as if nothing had happened, except we all know that you can never quite be the same :)

Love,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    I was hoping to get in touch with you about your blog. My wife is a cancer survivor and we were hoping you might be able to help us with something. Do you think you could email me when you get a chance? Thanks so much.

    Cameron

    cameronvsj@gmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..info@drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete