Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Post-chemo Adventures

Hi Friends,


Once the mental chemo fog wore off and the physical exhaustion lessened, I was able to go on a few adventures in between my last chemo treatment and TOMORROW, my double mastectomy surgery. First, I had my Ta-ta to the Tata's party on Aug. 21st. It was so nice to see so many of you, play pin the boobies on the babe and eat boobie cupcakes. Sharing a few pics -

























On Wed. Aug 25th, headed down to Orange County to visit Anthony and family, and went down to Rosarito Mexico for the weekend. I almost didn't make it to Mexico because I got sick with a fever, spent a night in the Irvine Kaiser Hospital. I was super pissed to be in a hospital again, and right after I thought I was done with the tiredness, sickness and pain - I was ready to have fun! But thanks to an atom bomb of IV antibiotics and a sympathetic doctor, I was released in one day and given the OK to head down to Mexico! We had some of the best food and great times with friends and family. We also went to an Argentinean Tango melonga (sp?) and I got to dance with one of the teachers! It was so much fun!!


















Then, back in San Francisco on Aug 30th, Mom, Dad and I drove up to Napa on Sept. 1st to bask in the sun and drink delicious wine. Our friend Karen lent us her guest house and we sat by the pool, entertaining her 2 dogs and eating some of the fresh veggies from the garden.









Came back to SF on 3rd, and decided that since I still had a bit of time and could fly for free with Anthony, to go spend Sept. 5-9th in Portland, OR just to explore and have fun. In Portland, Anthony and I rented a car to go out and tour the Columbia River Gorge, drove out from Portland to highway 84 to see the beautiful Gorge, see waterfalls and do a few hikes. We also tried out a few of the local brews - Portland is the micro-brewery captial of the US. My favorite was the blueberry ale that I had, smelled and tasted like a blueberry muffin. The weather was cool and rainy, but our hotel had a hot tub and indoor pool. One of my favorite things was the culture of street food in Portland, whole blocks of street food vendors, lots of different kinds. I tried a Korean Bulgogi Taco. We also tried the famous (from Man vs. Food) voodoo donuts, which I was excited to see had many vegan donut options. Anthony's favorite was the maple bacon bar. That's right, bacon. Portland was a great town.



















I had a really great time with all my adventures and feel really lucky to have had the time and people to adventure with. That said, my adventure time is up and tomorrow is the surgery. More on that next post ~~
Best,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I'm glad that you went on some adventures before your surgery and I can't wait to go with you on many more!

    ReplyDelete