Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Day at the Park

Hi Team,

I've been feeling pretty sore lately, yesterday the bone pain of the Neulasta shot kicked in, more so than it had in the past. It's weird, I told Michelle I feel like one of those old people that sit out on the porch saying "my bones are aching, must be a storm." But seriously, it sends shooting pains down your bones, it's the strangest unpleasant sensation.

Despite the soreness, we've been trying to get out of the apartment, San Francisco has been having some warm-ish nice weather, so we decided to go to Chrissy Field for a bit yesterday. Monika, Michelle and I packed up our fleeces and stopped at Safeway to get some picnicking sandwiches, watermelon and drinks. I also opted for one of my favorites - carrot juice, seriously it's is one of my favorite drinks, probably roots back to when I was a kid and that was one of my special treats I got!

Anyway, we spent about 3-4 hrs at the park just laying around in the sun until the fog rolled in over the water and made it a little too cold for me to stay there. Got back to the apartment and Monika made us a re-creation of leftovers into a wonderful chicken, pasta, veggie stir fry. We watched the movie "Postcards from the Edge" which is a Shirley McClain/Dennis Quaid/Meryl Streep movie supposedly based on Carrie Fisher's autobiography. It was ok, but a few of us fell asleep.

Today I woke up feeling not as sore, so going to try to go on a walk before any major soreness kicks in. I was telling Monika the other day that I can feel my body working harder just to fight the chemo, it feels like a physical weight on my body, and I remember both of the last two cycles later on when it breaks and it feels like a weight is lifted off. That day usually comes near the end of next week, but I can't wait!!

Love,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting out and about!
    HA HA I feel like my body too is working harder and putting up a fight and also feels like a physical weight put on my body...oh wait, it's the baby! You are a tougher cookie than me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete