Friday, June 4, 2010

Guest blog appearance

Hello Team Amy!

This is Michelle, couch-surfer extraordinaire! You may also know me from some of Amy's vacation pictures. We've been friends since college--a very, very short time ago. ;)

Since I've been in town since Saturday, Amy has let me guest blog today, so I'll pick up where she left off. We went to chemo on Tuesday. It was pretty crowded since no one received chemo on Monday due to the holiday, but Amy asked politely for us to be moved into a bigger room to accommodate her chemo posse (Anthony, Kristina and myself. Monika joined us later). Fortunately, the nurse did move us to a more comfortable space. We hung out, reading and watching videos on our cell phones (technology today!). Afterwards, we headed to Amy's place and cooked up a storm.

Amy and Anthony went on a breakfast date in the morning, which was fun. She also went to the park with Kristina in the afternoon to bask in the sun. Eventually, they got too hot and came back to the apartment. We cooked pizza for dinner then watched some bad, but good TV (Toddlers with Tiaras and the Bachelorette).

On Thursday, I tried to get her hooked on True Blood, but to no avail. We'll try Burn Notice today (I watch and enjoy a lot of TV--probably too much). We also did some household chores (very exciting). We did go to yoga in the evening (just like in college), which was fun and to me, at least, challenging. Monika made spaghetti with a great meat and veggie sauce, which we followed with mango sorbet. We also watched Yes Man. It was much better than I thought it would be, so if you are in the mood for a cute romance with a couple of laughs and a couple of over the top moments, go for it!

Overall, Amy's been such a trooper this week as she has through the whole process. I know you all agree that she has been an inspiration. I also know that she is very grateful and appreciative to have such a wonderful and supportive team!

Take care,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. WOW, good times! Thank you for being with her and being such a wonderful support group! Please give her a couple hugs and kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete