Friday, June 11, 2010

Team Amy Upcoming Event

Hi Team,

Most of you may already know about this, but with it coming up tomorrow I wanted to put a little plug on here. My dad and family (and Aunty Peggy!) have done an amazing job putting together a fundraiser for me on the Big Island in Kona - it starts with a golf tournament, but also has a lunch and silent auction. Any donations will go into my "fighting cancer" fund to help pay for medical bills and other necessary bills while I am on disability and not at work. I have to say I've been so impressed at my dad for putting everything together, never having ever done a fundraiser before and even more impressed at the wonderful outpouring of support I've seen already not only from the community in Kona but from all over- Family as far away as NY and Boston, coworkers, friends, even friends as far away as Japan. It never fails to impress me how people come out of the woodwork that I have not seen or heard from in years and how much love and aloha everyone has. Thank you all so much.

Here are the details:

Date - Saturday, July 12th
Time - Golf is in the AM (presign ups only) but lunch and Silent Auction is 12pm-3pm
Location - Kona Country Club on Ali'i Drive
Other fun details -
Lunch will be made by Sam Choy
Some of the items up for auction (there are many, but just a few teasers): A hand painted portrait by Herb Kane, a Half-day Fishing Charter aboard Catchem 1 with captain Chuck Haupert, 2 (2-person) golf play at Mauna Kea Resort, 2 (2-person) Snorkel Cruises on the Fairwinds, a 32" necklace of freshwater pearls from Gordon the Jeweler, an 18ct gold double twist bracelet from Big Island Jewelers... I could go on and on, thank you everyone for your donations!!

More full details can be found at: http://www.konashiatsu.com/

I will post some pics of the event after it's done and thank you everyone I hope you have fun!!

To end on a fun note, I love drinking carrot juice and the other day I poured myself a big glass of it, put it on the table, then had to go to the bathroom. Upon coming out of the bathroom I found my cat Brutus on the table with his face in my glass. Funny thing was that I had also made a big bowl of pasta with meat sauce that was sitting on the table next to the carrot juice. No interest in the meat sauce I guess. I decided to test if he really liked it that much today:


Love,

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Um, I don't know what is more shocking, the size of your cat or the fact you were going to eat pasta while drinking carrot juice, yuck! You are certainly an individual with your own tastes (and big cats!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my cat is very fluffy. lol. "fluffy" not "fat" ok, it hurts his feelings! And yes carrot juice is delicious with any meal, I blame my hippy upbringing :-D

    ReplyDelete