Saturday, April 10, 2010

A day off

Had a nice day today, no cancer to-do's. Went to see hot tub time machine which made me laugh, but please don't spend your money on it at the theater. Really bad. I did read a lot of the book 'Crazy Sexy Cancer' which I highly recommend if you or someone very close to you has to go through this.

Today I practiced embracing what the Breast Care Coordinator at Kaiser told me the other day - anything and everything you feel, as long as it's not homocidal or suicidal, is totally normal.

One thing I was musing on is in the process of telling people about the cancer, I have gotten a lot of passing comments about how sad it is that stuff like this happens to good people. While I agree, I think we as a culture tend to look at things a little backwards in this sense. We think people are either good or bad, and then as a result things happen to them accordingly (or don't). I think it may be more accurate to say that things happen (or don't) and what people do with that is what makes them into who they are.... so really, although this may look like something bad happening to a good person, it's really just something random happening to a random person, in order for me to take this experience and make myself a better, more loving and accepting person. It's what you do with it afterward that counts, not what you were before it happened.

As I told my Mandy friends in Chicago on the phone the other day, with all the shit I have had to go through (and will go through), I can't wait to meet me when I'm older - I bet I'm really awesome. :)

Love,
Amy

4 comments:

  1. you're already awesome. you'll just be awesomer. btw, i agree with your sentiments. it's nice to see your mature side once in a while. ;)

    i also saw hot tub time machine in the theatre with my lil brother and parents. that was a bit awkward. however, john cusack looks damn fine in that film. definitely worth a rental for that alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I will check in every day to see what is going on. You are right that this experience will make you a stronger person and probably closer to God. Take it from someone who knows, our "life's not fair" issues tend to do that. He warns us that we will go through trials but that He is always there for us. I pray for you every day and there are several churches I have asked for prayers. Thanks for giving so much detail about your treatment. I love you so much! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I have not totally made my way through the whole blog yet (starting from the beginning) and, more importantly, your experience over the last year, this post deserves a pause. Your wisdom back then is striking. And to think that all that wisdom is only getting richer as time goes on.

    I can honestly say as one of your newer friends that I'm so glad I met you because you are really awesome right here and now, Amy, and it looks like you always were.

    xoxo
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..info@drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete