Thursday, April 8, 2010

Upcoming Appointments/Tests

Hi Guys,

I have all my appointments for this week scheduled now - here is what it looks like:

Friday April 9th:
10:30am appt w/ Oncologist Dr. Liu @ Kaiser SF - this will be the big chemo planning appointment, 8th floor NE corner (RN name is Anna)

11:30am appt w/ Gloria Bromberg @ Kaiser SF - She is the breast care coordinator, she is going to review the services she can help with

2:00pm CT Scan @ Kaiser SF - have to pick up Barium at the pharmacy at least night before, there will be directions for what I can and cannot eat before my scan

Tuesday April 13th:
1:45pm Bone Scan @ Kaiser Hospital Nuclear Medicine dept (SF) - come in at 1:30 for injection, then can leave and come back 3 hours later for the actual scan

Wednesday April 14th:
3:15pm MUGAscan @ Kaiser Hospital Nuclear Medicine dept (SF) - 1 hr duration, measures function of the heart <-- This is very interesting, they will draw blood, mark it with a radioactive tracer, reinject it back into me, then put a machine next to me to watch/trace how the blood moves through my heart as I ride a stationary bike. Whoa. They are doing this b/c of our family history of heart disease - some chemo treatments have negative effects on your heart function and they are going to try to avoid that since I have a long time to live yet!  

Friday April 16th:
9:00am MRI @ Kaiser South San Francisco - Show up at least 30 mins prior, copper IUD is ok, Kaiser SSF 1200 El Camino Real, 1st Floor MRI Dept

Will update everyone again after my oncologist appointment tomorrow - I will have more information about chemo - what chemicals I'll have, side effects, scheduling, etc etc.

Love,
Amy

5 comments:

  1. What an action packed week of appointments! Keeping my fingers crossed for good news and sending you many hugs, best wishes and lots of love from St. Louis!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, Amy!
    Love from Ellen Guptill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could be there to wipe the "smoothie" from your nose. It did look like you had just enjoyed someone's "banana smoothie!" wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Amy, Ok! You are like the most organized person I know! Good for you!!! May God's strength and love be yours today! BB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha Amy, Just got off the phone with your dad as we plan for a golf fundraiser here in Kona. He is working so hard and we are happy to jump right in and kokua! Great news, there are a lot of golfers here at Mokuaikaua who can't wait for another tournament to have fun and to offer help for such a great person. May the peace of Christ that is immeasurable keep your heart and mind in Jesus, the Lover of your soul!
    Kealoha Mau Loa,
    brian

    ReplyDelete