Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Funday

Hi Team,

Happy Monday!

I had a nice weekend - the weather in San Francisco was just sunny and warm enough to make me jealous of all the people out all day at the park in their sun dresses and flip flops. I have paced myself pretty well now to realize that these days I have about 2 hours of sitting upright and maybe 5-10 blocks of walking in me per day. That's it, or else my back will get me back at the end of the day.

So, the question becomes each day, how would I like to spend my reserves?? On Saturday, I had Stacy and Addie over for a wonderful fish dinner. It was awesome catching up w/ the girls and having some delicious food (I repeat after my mom's mom, "gosh I'm a good cook!") :) Yesterday I decided to spend my reserves going to a coffee shop and reading, writing in my journal. I have always found journaling to be especially theraputic and it was as always yesterday. Today my energy has been spent already going out to breakfast date with my wonderful boyfriend and saving the last bits of it for my accupuncture appointment this afternoon.

I'm very much looking forward to the accupuncture, I'm hoping she has some secrets up her sleeve on how to get rid of this back pain. I do beleive in all things pressure points, be they with needles or hands, so I'm counting on this one to help out some.

Also had an email exchange with my Dr this morning - I LOVE how prompt the Kaiser dr's are at answering emails. This really has been true of all of them, but once again I was impressed this morning. I had emailed him last night looking into the possibility of installing a port on me for chemo. Basically this is a semi-permenant IV that they install on you (usually near your clavicle) to give chemo, take blood and anythign else that needs to be done intraveniously. That way, I don't have to get stuck with needles and have all this bruising, track marks and pain in my arms for the next year. Although I only have 6 chemo sessions, I will still have to go back every 3 weeks for a full year to get herceptin done intraveneously. One of my friends was telling me Saturday night that she has a friend that went through this, and one of her regrets was that she didn't get a port. Her veins are now so messed up from all the IV's that she has to get blood drawn through her pinky finger. So, trying to avoid that. Anyhow, Dr. Liu responded promptly at 9am encouraging me to get a port and said he would have his nurse call me to go over the procedure and start scheduling things. It is a small outpatient procedure, but don't have a whole lot of details yet.

Am going to start putting together a 'visitors' calendar since I have gotten inquiries from a few of you and want to make sure I don't overlap too many people since I do have limited energy to spend in 1 day, and mom will be staying on my couch for all but a few weeks during the whole process so I won't have much couch time available either. I do love visitors if you want to come see the beautiful city of SF!!

Love,
Amy

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you know your limits and has a good weekend! I certainly intend on visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of acupuncture. I go twice a month and have been at it for a year now. You should ask your Dr. about taking Chinese herbs in conjunction with your other meds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ports rock. They make chemo and herceptin go so much faster. I have a powerport, and I can get my herceptin in 3o minutes :) I wasn't even given a choice! Interesting thing about ports, is that they can put it in anywhere on your upper chest, so check out where your bra strap goes, where the neckline of your v-necks go and where the seat belt is going to put pressure on it, and make sure it isn't in that place. If you don't you will be totally annoyed and wanna take it out as soon as possible when chemo is pau. - Dana (HPA, Class of 98)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..info@drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete