Thursday, April 15, 2010

New fun hair and Mom's here!

Hi Team,

I had a really long day yesterday and was super tired so didn't have the time/energy to post. So yesterday in short was me trying to find out more information about taking short term leave at work and how to make that work (good news is it looks like I'm pretty well covered although may still have to take some state disability at 50%, we'll see how it goes).

Then I got to make a split second decision about my fertility. Apparently if I have any akylating agents in my chemo, which I'm not sure about yet, my chance of going through early menopause is 70-80%. So I decided to do what their best option for minimizing that risk is - take monthly shots of Lupron, a drug that temporarily makes your ovaries go to sleep and stop producing estrogen. The way chemo works, the chemicals attack all rapidly dividing cells, which are cancer cells, but also include blood cells (red and white), hair follicles (thus why the hair falls out), lining of your gastrointestinal tract (thus the nausea and digestive trouble) and of course, the ovaries. This drug puts the ovaries to sleep, no longer making them rapidly dividing, which means they are less likely to be affected by the chemo. The bad side is that I will be going through all the side effects of menopause while also dealing with the side effects of chemo. YAY!!! And yes my boyfriend has been warned... although I'm sure he could always use a beer.

After deciding that, I rushed to get the shot them came late to my chemo prep class where they thoroughly review all details of every side effect I might get and when to freak out and when not to freak out. It was quite overwhelming.

But, at the end of the day, I got to get my hair colored by the lovely Kathleen at the strand - I let her experiment a bit since why not? My hair is going to fall out anyway! Although I have to say I really do love it, maybe I'll do it again in the future at some point.

Today was my last full day of work before my chemo starts so really just tried to get somewhat organized. And, Mom came in today!! Yay!! As I'm writing this, she's entertaining my two cute kitties with a hair-tie (see the pic). Endless hours of fun. And of course we're having a wonderful glass of wine.

Tomorrow morning first thing I have the MRI that will help determine the stage (tumor size and if there are lymph nodes involved) and then at 1:30 big prep meeting with the oncologist. My wonderful boyfriend Anthony is flying in from long beach in the morning, coming to my appointment at 1:30 then flying back down that night since he has to work on Sat morning. I am so lucky to have such wonderful support and love. Thank you to all of you!!! You keep me going and keep me positive.

Much love,

Amy

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the new color! Good luck today :) ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dad says: I'm sorry I couldn't be there. I'm really sorry I can't go wine tasting with you tomorrow. :) The hair looks great and I'm sure Lynn is happy to be petting your kitties. I love you honeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you're a fly gal, you get your hair did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..info@drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete